Back.

Well, we got back on Monday, actually, but this is the first chance I've had to blog about our little trip. OK, that's a lie. I was just being lazy.

Our first trip back to Canadian soil since we moved was a success. Short, sweet, and full of many of the many things we miss. Unfortunately, if I listed those things, I would come across as a raging consumerist freak, which is really only the case when I'm in civilization for a short period of time. Case in point: Easter in New York. When you are cut off from the rest of the world (by choice, mind you, it's not like I'm in jail or living in the Kalahari), things like strip malls are very exciting. Especially when they include stores like Winners.

Ah...Winners. In Ottawa, there was a Winners 5 minutes away, but I hardly ever went. See, the thing about Winners is that you have to go with an open mind, the willingness to pick through the racks and the patience needed to weed that 100% cashmere sweater out of a rack of acrylic. I very rarely have any of these things, but this past weekend was an exception and I ended up with the mother load. I was like a rabid dog.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Saturday was the wedding, which was beautiful, emotional, fun...etc. etc....everything a wedding should be. We caught up with old friends, made plans for the summer, and left feeling homesick for our Ottawa life...just a bit. Just until we woke up the next morning to drizzly rain and cold wind and remembered that we live on the beach.

On Sunday, we headed into Mississauga (the wedding was in Orangeville) for some shopping at Square One and to meet up with some of my family for dinner. I don't see this segment of my family often and it happens to include two of my favorite cousins, so it was great to see them and enjoy a family BBQ on a Sunday evening. On Monday morning, bright and early, we headed back to the airport and (somewhat reluctantly) got on the plane.

It was a great weekend and I'm really glad we went. It did make us realize just how much we both miss Ottawa, though.

0 comments:

Post a Comment