Concrete Jungle.

{a view of the Plaza, from Central Park}

I have said it before and I'll say it again: NYC is awesome.

As we did in 2008, Kurt and I met up with our good friends EAP and Mugsy for a fabulous time over the Easter long weekend. Only two weeks after our mini-trip to CayMAN, this made us a bit more jet-setting than usual but we've been talking about going back ever since 2008 and the deals from the Rock to NYC are pretty incredible. It is actually cheaper for us both to fly to New York and spend three nights in a 4 star Midtown hotel than it is to buy two return tickets to Ottawa. While going home is always appealing, something about the Chrysler Building was calling my name, so we decided to jump on the deal and spend 4 days enjoying the sights and sounds of the City.

Mission: accomplished. Once again, we had an AMAZING time. Captured in a few of the many shots I took over the weekend:

{New Yorkers, enjoying a sunny Saturday in Central Park}


{blossoming trees, everywhere we looked}


{looking up...waaaaaay up}


{the most amazing sandwich ever, courtesy of the Amish Market (45th & 2nd)}


Yeah...I fell in love again. You could spend months there and never run out of things to do or see. I just can't get enough.

4 days is definitely not enough (though better than 3).

But...it was packed with quality time with two of our favorite people, including a fabulous and memorable meal at a great little Brazilian restaurant (with great little Brazilian drinks...), another fabulous memorable meal at Monte's Trattoria in the Village, and an evening wander through SoHo, wearing summer clothes, enjoying PinkBerry frozen yogurt while people watching.

Love, love, love.

Yet another repeat performance is in the works for 2011...

2 comments:

Shannen said...

Should I be embarrassed that I've never been to NYC? Cause I am...a little.

Anonymous said...

Yay! You're back! And how I want to go to NY now. Maybe next year... That blossoming tree photo is just about the best photo ever. Beautiful stuff.

x rachel

Post a Comment