Unsolicited Product Endorsement.

It has been awhile since I wrote a UPE, but it has also been awhile since I found that one was warranted. However, I have had a number of things lately spark the UPE flame, so I'm bringing it back. I love sharing what I love. Unless it's only available in limited quantities, in which case I keep it to myself. Obviously.


Last week, I came across some great blogs on new and awesome not-to-be-missed items. I'm going to put some links up at some point to these blogs, because I've found them to be great as far as product ratings by real, actual people go. It's one thing to read about an item from someone who is trying to sell it. It's quite another to read comments from people who have spent/wasted their money on it.

I have been in the market for new blush. Unless I've been running, or exerting myself in some way, my cheeks don't naturally flush. Not even when I'm embarassed. In the winter, particularly, this leads to a kind of death pallor that reflects badly in photos. Seeing as I'm not willing to risk serious sun damage to keep some color on my face, and refuse to wear foundation, I do rely on blush and bronzer, from time to time. And since my entire regular, every day make-up routine consists of no more than blush/bronzer, mascara and lip gloss, I'm more than happy to shell out a few more bucks for awesome products. Though I enjoyed my current blush, I always found that because I don't wear foundation, it was gone before lunch time.
Enter: Tarte Cheek Stain.

This is Tarte Cheek Stain, in the exact color that I purchased. As you can see, instead of a powder, it is more of a glue-stick type of product. Except not glue, and not sticky. It's brilliant. When it first arrived, I thought it would be too dark (despite having read numerous online reviews on this particular color suiting all different skin tones). My fears were unwarranted, because it's very, very sheer, so you can layer on as much (or as little) as you want. Personally, I am not into "clown", and it's very easy to avoid "clown" with Tarte. However, if you were into "clown", you could definitely achieve the look with a few more layers. It's very natural-looking, and you can't feel it when it's on. You can buy it at Sephora, or do what I did and get it from a retailer on Ebay. I'm very impressed. And even though it was a bit pricier than normal, everyday blush (I paid $18.00 for mine, I think Sephora sells it for $39 in store), you really don't use very much so it will last a long time. The only thing I would be concerned with is having it melt into a sticky mess if you live in a warm climate and, say, leave it in your purse. Which totally did NOT happen to me with my favorite Cargo lip gloss palette, which I am still totally NOT pissed about. Needless to say, mine will live in the fridge.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm...makeup...I remember when I used to have a physical appearance worth bothering with. Now I just look strange. *sigh* Baby bet not care he's got an ugly mama!

-rachel

Anonymous said...

Great work.

Post a Comment