August 3: Monday, Monday.

Not my favorite day. This is especially true after a long weekend spent doing pretty much nothing. Relaxing, sunning, a cold beverage or two, some time on a boat...that was about all we had on our agenda and we fulfilled our (two) obligations nicely. One being the boat, and the other being a hair appointment for me yesterday. Besides that, we just enjoyed ourselves. And we might have done some casual stalking around the new neighborhood, in a totally non-creepy way of course.

Anyways, back to Monday. It kind of sucked until about 3:00, when I was called into a meeting and told that...I GOT THE JOB. OMFG. It was all I could do to hold it together and muster up "professional" until the meeting was over, but as soon as it was...totally unprofessional. There might have been some squealing (concealed behind closed doors). It is just a really awesome opportunity and means good things all around.

I start at the beginning of September, though the actual start date is a bit fuzzy since I'll need to do a proper handover of my current position, which will be advertised soon.

YES!!! Anyways, that was GREAT news. It's an awesome promotion that I fought tooth and nail for, and won. Happy happy.

I didn't do much in the way of celebrating tonight, though I did indulge in my favorite pinot with my favorite guy, while watching one of HIS favorite movies, Swingers, which is actually a pretty decent way to spend a couple of hours. Now it's off to bed with The Poisonwood Bible, which I am finally reading and wondering...why did it take me so long to take this one off the shelf and get into it? It's fab.

Three sleeps.

0 comments:

Post a Comment