Does this Dell make me look fat?

It arrived. Finally. Turns out that checking the "I AM EXPORTING THIS COMPUTER OUT OF THE UNITED STATES" box on the online order form means that I was subject to a little extra scrutiny on their end to determine whether or not I was, in fact, a terrorist. Turns out I'm not (yay!), and my computer made it to me on the Rock, all the way from Wilmington, Ohio, where it was born. It's pretty much exactly like the the one that died except that it's a Dell, it's red, and I've had it on my lap for about an hour and have not yet sustained a second-degree burn. Great success.

Of course, it would have been lovely to have brought home a shiny new Mac. However, the $3K it would have required to bring home the one I wanted just wasn't available to me right now. Or ever, really, because to spend $3K on a laptop that essentially functions solely as a TV is semi ridiculous. I wouldn't even have given it a second thought had we still been in Canada and able to buy things at regular people prices.

Anyways, I'm back in business.

I am loving October so far. The countdown is on to the American election and I, for one, am all over it. I LOVE American elections. This one is far more interesting than the last one, and I really can't wait to see what happens. I do know that Sarah Palin in an interview setting is like a trainwreck...so painful to watch, yet somehow I just can't look away. Personally, I think McCain handed Obama the throne by naming her on his ticket. I'm going to be glued to the TV come election night...it's a wild ride!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you think? I ask only because the VP debate was not as much of a disaster as I thought it would be.

EXH

Anonymous said...

One "Gotcha!" interview by a painfully biased Katie Kouric does not an interview disaster make.

EAP

Post a Comment