Book Club.

Tonight I had my very first book club meeting, since my VERY first book club meeting in Ottawa which also turned out to be my last because the book club seemed to kind of disband shortly after I joined. I've always liked the idea, but was always just a little bit intimidated by the idea of discussing books after I've read them. It's not that I have nothing to say, but I wonder if there is some big message or theme to the books that I've totally missed. And then to have to have that "OH!" moment AT a book club meeting? Hmmm. Awkward.

However, I had nothing to fear. My first book with them, The Piano Teacher, pretty much left all of us with the same taste in our mouths. Great book. Easy read. Entertaining. BUT...it ended too abruptly and some of the chemistry between the characters seemed to be a little off, and none of us were sure if it was supposed to be off, or if it just wasn't written that way. Anyways, it was a success. Our next book is Katherine by Anya Seton, so I'll get started on that this weekend.

1 comments:

Heather Anne said...

Nice! I just read Katherine. It's really good...I think it was written in the 50s~

Post a Comment