Book Review #2.


I guess I'm a faster reader than I thought, because The Man of My Dreams is already back on my bookshelf, after less than a week in my purse. I think I forgot about the hour each day that I spend on the ferry, travelling to and from work. Prime reading time. Anyways...book #2 has been completed.

Just like her first book, Prep, I liked this book because of all of the times that I read a part and was amazed at how much I could relate. This kept me interested every bit as much as the storyline itself. Not that I think I'm much like the main character in either book, but have definitely enjoyed (or not enjoyed) many of the same thoughts and thought processes that she does in the book. The author definitely nailed the insecurity that comes along as a teenager and how it feels to be in your 20s, kind of floundering around post-university, wondering where your life is going to lead.

I really enjoyed it. I can't wait to read more of her books. She's fresh and truthful. She's still relatively new on the publishing scene, but her books and writing get great reviews from all over. And here's one from me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a reading inspiration and I am barely keeping up. I guess having a super sick kid, no sleep and barely an hour to myself each day are good excuses, but I still need to kick it up a notch.

Anonymous said...

I really liked On Beauty. Have you read her other books? I loved White Teeth, and The Autograph Man wasn't bad. And of course, once you finish On Beauty you'll have to read Howard's End...

-rachel

Post a Comment