Relaxed.

After a few weeks of minor wedding madness, the big stuff is officially nailed down. Thank God. It really wasn't a tonne of fun, though I suspect it would have been much better had we not been so incredibly geographically challenged. Besides the mileage itself, there is a very awkward four hour time difference between us and our venues, making the whole experience just that much less fun. Thankfully, I have an amazing Martha Stewart-esque Mom, who has stepped in as my on-the-ground wedding planner. So far, she has exceeded all expectations and we're very happy with the choices we've made.

After getting this good venue news on Friday, we took the weekend "off" from wedding anything. No magazines, no talk (or not much, anyways), and no stressing. The weather was amazing on Saturday, so we took ourselves downtown in the morning to our favorite coffee shop and then spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon wandering around. There's very little humidity here right now (something that will change drastically when the summer hits, I'm told), and it was probably somewhere around 25-27 degrees, with not a cloud in the sky. Beautiful. Sunday was slightly less so, with more clouds and a bit of wind, but there still seems to be no snow anywhere, so I'm happy with that. I hear that Ottawa's gotten just a bit more than usual this winter...I'm thinking that we picked a great winter to leave that behind as a miserable part of our history. The snow...not Ottawa itself. I actually miss a lot of things about Ottawa.

Other than the nice weather, there's not much news coming out of these parts. I skipped my Monday run this morning because of Daylight Savings. It may seem like kind of a BS excuse, but I didn't get to sleep until after midnight and to fit the run in, I have to be on the road at 6:00 a.m., so that alarm was going off at what was formerly known as 5:00. No thanks. Not today. We slept an extra hour and I'm planning on an early night tonight so we can hit the road together tomorrow.

So...that's all for this morning.

0 comments:

Post a Comment