Impulsive Shopper.

Today on my lunch hour I decided to spontaneously pop into to a store that always has fabulously dressed mannequins in the windows. Seriously, they change them twice a day and every single time I walk by, I see something I want. However, their stuff is usually priced out of the realm of what I will pay without vomiting. I don't mind paying for something that's good quality, that I know I'll get a lot of use out of, and that I'll have for a long time. When I see a t-shirt with a $98 price tag on it for no apparent reason - in that, there is nothing remarkable about the t-shirt except maybe the name on the label - I get annoyed.

I took a chance today and for the first time ever, I didn't walk out empty-handed. I found a hemp fiber ivory wrap sweater with fun sleeves, a sundress with some ruffly flair and a silk Karen Kane shirt for 50% off. Sweet. I haven't bought many things for myself since I was home in April, except maybe some books, so I feel like a few cute things for summer were well deserved and a tad overdue.

I love summer clothes, but I'm just a *tiny* bit excited about what the Rideau Centre might have in store for me during the time I'm in Ottawa in September. I do love a back to school special.

0 comments:

Post a Comment